This workshop offers opportunities to reflect on the ethical vulnerabilities inherent in clinical practice in these times. You will be able to identify the challenges particular to your practice and recognize the unique strengths and supports that sustain you. You will also learn an innovative, reflective meditative process that identifies the challenges and strengths particular to the context in which you now work.
• Apply Reflective Meditation and freeform writing for a deeper understanding of the “ethical landscape” of participants.
• Identify and reduce conditions that create ethical vulnerabilities and challenges.
• Identify and augment personal strengths and activities that lead to a reduced risk of ethical transgressions.
• Develop an understanding of the Buddhist principle of conditionality and its role in ethical decision-making.
• Develop Reflective Meditation for self-care and as an ethical safeguard.
• Develop an understanding of the Buddhist teaching of the eightfold path as an ethical anchor.
Due to the recent surge in the Coronavirus, have moved this workshop online.
Nelly Kaufer, Licensed Professional Counselor, is a seasoned psychotherapist in private practice who integrates Buddhist psychology and meditation into her clinical work.
Judy Butler, Licensed Professional Counselor, is a lead teacher in the continuing education program at Pine Street Sangha, assisting therapists to reflect upon their ethical vulnerabilities and strengths.
Pam Crow, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, is a psychotherapist, meditator and poet who has been with Pine Street Sangha for 17 years. Buddhist meditation enhances her writing, her therapy practice and contributes to her well-being.
CE: 6 hours approved by NBCC** Cost: The workshop is offered at three price points: $100, $160, $220. Honestly consider what you can afford. If you are able to pay on the higher end, this will support others who are experiencing financial challenges. We are offering one free slot to BIPOC therapists, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the slot.
*Pine Street Sangha has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6694. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Pine Street Sangha is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Thanks for your interest.
Please check back as we will add new workshop offerings as we can.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.